users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cluster sometimes stops without any exception

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:11:52 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for the reply. The server was configured with an automated tool. There
are multiple machines in our network that use the same tool to configure
Glassfish. Thus, all instances will have the same name (the tool creates 2
cluster instances). If i understand correctly, what you are saying is that
some instances might share (besides the same name) the same multicast group
address and multicast port being used by Shoal GMS. Does this mean that if a
shutdown message is being sent to an instance on one machine, there is a
chance of two or more instances on different machines actually receiving the
signal? If this is the case, I believe we should make sure that all instances
have different Shoal GMS addresses and/or ports. Can you please confirm?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'sebigavril']