users@glassfish.java.net

Re: image file creation through application

From: Mihael Schmidt <mschmidt_at_sgbs.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 08:34:28 +0100

I can confirm that this scenario works because I have the exact same
scenario =)

Android smartphone takes picture and uploads it to the server. Server is
a GlassFish and the app is a Vaadin web app. All running on Linux.

So there should not be any general problem here. Write permission on the
folder the image is saved to?

Regards

Mihael

On 23.11.2012 08:03, Kevin Schmidt wrote:
> It is likely a problem with the path you are using for the local
> directory if it is Windows specific. But I'd expect some sort of
> exception in your server.log so have you taken a look there?
>
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 9:33 PM, <forums_at_java.net
> <mailto:forums_at_java.net>> wrote:
>
> I have created an application in which the android mobile takes
> picture and
> uploads it to a server.The server application is developed in
> vaadin. The
> server accepts the image, stores in local directory and updates
> the path to
> the database. Everything works fine on my localhost (Windows) but
> when i
> deploy the war file it is not creating the file.* The problem is
> my localhost
> is on windows but the main server(ISP) is on Linux. Both my
> localhost and
> main server (ISP) are using glassfish*. On the main server (ISP) I
> am logging
> through admin and then deploying the war file.
>
> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'SwarnimPrabhat']

Schulz Gebäudeservice GmbH & Co. KG
Dr.-Max-Ilgner-Straße 17
32339 Espelkamp
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
Gebäudereinigung Joachim Schulz
Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
Telefon: +49 5772 9100 0
Telefax: +49 5772 9100 11
Email: zentrale_at_sgbs.de
Internet: www.sgbs.de
Geschäftsführer: Joachim und Dirk Schulz, Norbert Kosica
Handelsregister Bad Oeynhausen: HRA 5902, HRB 8591
UST-Id-Nr.: DE 125752702