users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unable to install GlassFish on Slackware 13.37

From: Kristian Rink <kr_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:49:23 +0100

Hi;

Am Donnerstag, 15. November 2012, 12:46:18 schrieb forums_at_java.net:
[...]
> version. So the GlassFish installer (on the Oracle website) has a problem.
> Or we can say that my operating system is not correctly configured. Is it
> the good place to post a bug about the installer problem?

Not sure. Guess the reasoning will be the other way 'round: There is a set of
systems (including some Linux distributions) listed as "supported platforms",
such as these:

https://blogs.oracle.com/theaquarium/entry/glassfish_3_1_2_which

Though this possibly is not of much relevance when using the Open Source
Glassfish, I bet you won't have much luck filing issues against the installer
not working on "unsupported" platforms. From that point of view, I guess the
.zip bundle is the most straightforward way to go here. :)

Cheers,
Kristian