users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish error - process already using port 4848

From: Lachezar Dobrev <l.dobrev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:17:07 +0200

  Look at the file /etc/hostname. That is the name of your machine.

  In /etc/hosts there should be a line that says
    127.0.1.1 <hostname>

  Where <hostname> should be replaced with the contents of /etc/hostname

  The 127.0.1.1 is just for an example. It may be any IP address
starting with 127, or can be the IP address of any of your machine's
hardware network interfaces (provided you have static addresses).
Using 127.0.0.1 works, but is discouraged! It *MUST* be an address,
that is attached to any local network interfaces (including the
virtual loop-back interface).

  The line in /etc/hosts may be added by your DHCP client, but it's rare.