users@glassfish.java.net

How to enable JMX monitoring

From: Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen_at_nordsc.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 18:38:15 +0200

Hi,

despite the large number of Q&As on the subject out there, I feel pretty lost. Most of them talk about how people eventually, somehow managed to get remote JMX monitoring to work. I just cannot find an authoritative answer, how it *should* be done.

Hence the question:

Given a fresh install of Glassfish 4, what are the things I must do to enable remote monitoring via VisualVM? Is there any official documentation on the subject?

(I am not going through a firewall, so there should not be an issue with the second port VisualVM opens up).

Jan