users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What causes GRIZZLY to flood the Glassfish-Log with messages

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 08:39:05 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Alexey, sorry for the long time without any response of Gerhard, I am
Holger a colleague of Gerhard. So what has happend since his last response?
1. we checked our source code again and implemented some little modifications
in the two critical servlet algorithms, so that we can be sure that every
servlet ends with a response.flushBuffer(); 2. After the modification we
updated the prod. system and for one week it seems to be the right solution.
The server works without any problems. 3. During this time we patched our
local GF in the netbeans IDE. It works without any problems. 4. On week 38
the prod. system raises the same problems as mentioned before. In the week 39
we had to stop the GF manually, because it was unavailable for the regular
http-requests. Yesterday we uploaded your patch fileto our prod. system and
it works for more than 24 hours without any problems. Now we recognized at
one prod. system that one http-thread stacks into something like a loop (like
before). The difference since patching the server is that just one log
message appears in the glassfish log with "idle thread". But the server load
is still high. One thread consumes 100% CPU power. Bye Holger and Gerhard

--
[Message sent by forum member 'HolgerD']