users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Too many open files issue

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 00:55:50 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Marina, thanks for the suggestions, however it looks like the background
thread is working, if a little slower than I originally expected. The
transaction files are cleaned up about every 2-3 days, I've waited before
replying to confirm this and I now believe this is done automatically rather
than manually as the removal doesn't coincide with any restarts. I searched
the logs and couldn't find a reference to the "asynchronous thread" entries
so can't tell you the delay, though I would expect less than 2 days if it is
in seconds? I'm still confused as to why previous versions worked out of the
box and why I need to turn on the background thread. Thanks

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jsl123']