users@glassfish.java.net

Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 19:17:51 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, I'm trying to connect to a mysql server on a linux server. The appserver
and the dbserver are on the same server. I have configured the mysql to
accept connections on my ip address (differente from 127.0.0.1). I can
connect to the database from a remote machine. But if I try to create a
connection pool from my glassfish server I get this error. Communications
link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0
milliseconds ago I have seen some answers on internet including this:
http://edwin.baculsoft.com/2011/11/error-communications-link-failure-when-connecting-glassfish-v3-to-mysql/
But the problem is that if I change the IP to 127.0.0.1 I wont connect to
mysql from external ip address. I want to know how do you approach this
issue. Thank you for yor answers.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'reos']