users@glassfish.java.net

symbolic link in application delete contents after redeploy

From: cluster <cluster_at_xinet.it>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:23:06 +0200

Hi all,

with the last release of glassfish 3.1.2.2 and also in 3.1.2 i have noticed
a strange behaviour when i undeploy or redeploy an application.. If I deploy
an application and then create a symbolic link inside it (that point for
example to external storage) when I redeploy the application all the content
of this link is recursively deleted.. In the previous version an undeploy or
redeploy only delete the link but not all its content. Do you think is it a
bug? Or a new feature? Is possible to fix this to permit the deletion of the
symbolic link but not the content.

Regards

Simone Cariani