users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish 2.1.1 - Way to start application client via ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 04:19:33 -0500 (CDT)

Further debugging reveals that it is not the SecurityManager alone. It is a
combination of SecurityManager and McAffee Virus Scanner. After the client
jar has been downloaded and the app is starting the client jar gets unpacked
in a temp directory. This process takes 75 seconds. Because of our
organizational security policy it is not allowed to disable or reduce
scanning of JARs or CLASS files by MacAffee. Even if McAffee scan is disabled
it still takes about 30 seconds which is 25 seconds longer than before when
we used JWS without running in an appClient container. This is frustating
because I was actually happy to transfer our JWS app to the client container
because I thought we would have less footprints, performance gains, smaller
ear.. but unfortunately the appClient start up process is a show stopper for
our company. squibber

--
[Message sent by forum member 'squibber']