users@glassfish.java.net

Re: openmq C client to glassfish jms

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 05:00:40 -0500 (CDT)

[quote=rrlangly] Ok, I can now see the queue count rise when I use either the
C or Java standalone client and with MDBs undeployed. The difference is that
w/ the Java app, the physical destination name of the queue increments the
count (even though I have the MDB annotation to the JNDI name) whereas with
the C client I have to use the physical destination. And thats the way I get
it to work. [/quote] I don't completely follow. Have you confirmed that the C
client and the Java standalone client are writing to the same queue? You
reported earlier that the Java standalone client will correctly trigger the
MDB, so this is presumably correctly configured. You need to configure the C
client to send to the same queue. Note that the C client uses the "physical
destination name" of the queue, not the JNDI name. [quote=rrlangly] I was
thinking I must have the factories or resources not configured properly? One
thing I don't understand is that when I add a Destination Resource, it also
shows up under Connection Factories. However, if I expand Connection
Factories and click on that same destination resource, it shows up with a
message ... [/quote] If your JMS standalone client is able to trigger the MDB
then it sounds as if the JNDI resources are configured correctly. When you
create a destination resource it is added under "Destination Resources", not
"Connection Factories", which is what you would expect. I can't comment on
what you are seeing or that error you get.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'nigeldeakin']