users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Flushing Connection Pool

From: Steven Siebert <smsiebe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 11:34:01 -0400

From my experience, what I assume is happening is that the connection pool
is lazily initialized (just configuring a connection pool doesn't create
connections). If you create a pool in the admin console, and click on
"flush" you'll get this error. If you create this pool (and a connection
resource), deploy an application that uses this resource (lets say
JPA initialization on deployment for example), you'll be able to flush the
pool...because there is one.

Again, this is based on my observations, I have never dug into the code to
verify this.