users@glassfish.java.net

anything special needed for GlassFish to work with Java Servlet?

From: <modjklist_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 17:44:37 +0000 (UTC)

Hi, I've got a web application using Java SE 1.6 and GlassFish 3.1.2. Using regular Java POJOs, everything is working fine. I have JAVA_PATH, JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME set correctly for jdk1.6.

Now I want to use a Java Servlet. Do I need to do anything special to setup GlassFish to work with Java servlets?

Currently I'm getting errors such as:

package javax.servlet.http does not exist

Is this error something I should solve by a GlassFish setting somewhere? Or, do I just need to figure out where the servlet files are located on my linux server then include them in the compile path when creating the class (that is, removing this error has nothing to do with GlassFish)?