users@glassfish.java.net

Re: create method in LocalMachine interface

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 11:02:06 -0500 (CDT)

I searched through some classes and I found RegisterStartup and
RegisterVirtualMachine classes interesting. They seem to be setting network
interface for newly created and started virtual machines and they turn off
latches. I am still not certain what their true purpose is, but I have a
theory on that. Those classes are hk2 services and they implement
AdminCommand interface... so their execute method can be called from command
line. Do they exist in order to let freshly turned on virtual machine to
notify glassfish that they are up? Is it possible to tell virtual machine to
execute some startup script, that would call let's say asadmin
register-startup on remote machine where DAS is, when it (the virtual
machine) is being turned on?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'piotr.tempes']