users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Starting local standalone instances from admin console

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 17:15:20 -0400

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com> wrote:

> You should be able to start a CONFIG instance on local node.

I think the problem is that I've changed the master password from its
default value of "changeit". Consequently the admin console has no way to
ask me to input it (I'm not sure why this is impossible overall, but it is
certainly the case in the 3.1.2 admin console). So I would have either had
to save the master password (using the --savemasterpassword option of the
change-master-password asadmin subcommand, which is explicitly deprecated)
so the console could look it up, or leave it as the default (so the
effectively hard-coded master password of "changeit" could be supplied by
the admin console).

As I replied to Tom, I'm not quite sure where this leaves me: either I have
to save the password, which the manual recommends against (but they
probably weren't thinking of this case), or I have to leave it alone (in
which case basically everyone knows what it is).

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson