users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Creating a DCOM node...without install-node-dcom

From: Joe Di Pol <joe.dipol_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:32:42 -0700

Laird,

You can try create-node-dcomm but it may suffer from the
same bug as install-node-dcom (I'm not sure). This configures
the DAS to know about a particular GlassFish installation on
the Windows box. You can then create instances on this node
using create-instance and start them using start-instance.

Another option is to install an SSH service on your remote
Windows box and use create-node-ssh. Here is an old, but
still relevant blog that includes some pointers on doing
that:

https://blogs.oracle.com/dipol/entry/glassfish_3_1_using_ssh

The final option is to create the instances directly on
the remote Windows box and register them with the DAS
using the create-local-instance command. In this case
you will have to start/stop the instances directly
on the Windows machine (start-instance and start-cluster
via the DAS won't work). Some details here:

https://blogs.oracle.com/dipol/entry/glassfish_3_1_clusters_without

Hope this helps,

Joe