users@glassfish.java.net

Re: clustering basics

From: Paul Davies <paul.m.davies_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:57:02 -0700

Hi,

Sorry to overwhelm you with more documentation, but the sequence of
operations is provided in Configuration Roadmap for High Availability of
GlassFish Server
<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26576_01/doc.312/e24931/concepts.htm#abfca>
in the product documentation. Also have a look To Install and Configure
the GlassFish Server Cluster
<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26576_01/doc.312/e24937/use-cases.htm#gkybs>, which
is a worked example that covers the relevant steps for a 2-instance
cluster with the DAS on a 3rd host.

I'm not sure why install-node gave you a null-pointer exception. If you
can use SSH to log in to the remote host with being prompted for a
password, install-node should work.

-Paul