users@glassfish.java.net

clustering basics

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer_at_weycogroup.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:46:28 -0500

I am overwhelmed by documentation! I want to create a cluster across
three VMs, with the DAS on one and two nodes each on their own VM.

What's the right sequence of commands? I installed GlassFish 3.1.2 on
the DAS, then (after setting up and testing public-key SSH), tried to
install the nodes from that machine like this:

glassfish_at_clustertest:~$ asadmin install-node --installdir /usr/share/glassfish-3.1.2 clustertest-node1
Successfully connected to glassfish_at_clustertest-node1 using keyfile /home/glassfish/.ssh/id_rsa
java.lang.NullPointerException
Command install-node failed.
glassfish_at_clustertest:~$

Did I do something in the wrong order? Do I create the cluster first?
the instances? The target dir exists on both nodes and is also owned by
the glassfish user (whose UID matches on all three machines). What I end
up with is a zero-length ZIP file in the directory where I ran the
command.

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer_at_weycogroup.com
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601