users@glassfish.java.net

GF 3.1.2 : Remote JMX

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 07:13:13 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, I am trying to monitor the heap memory and a few other items on the
instances in a Glassfish 3.1.2 domain containing a few clusters and a few
server instances in each cluster. I have a username and password set up for
domain management and secure admin has been enabled. When I try and use a JMX
tool (like jconsole or jvisualvm) and connect to the DAS, then its fine and I
can monitor the DAS's VM. I cannot however do the same for the other server
instances. I try and connect to the JMX port using the admin username and
password and jconsole fails to connect (no real error, it just says
connection failed). Enabling open (non-authenticated) access to JMX is not an
option due to the security risks. What can I do to enable remote JMX access
to JVM's in the domain? Thanks so much Paul

--
[Message sent by forum member 'paulcb']