users@glassfish.java.net

GF 2.1 EAR startup race conditions?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 16:24:25 -0600 (CST)

We have an application that works fine on several machines, but when it is
deployed on the production machine (naturally) we run in to a missing JNDI
resource.

Specifically, this EAR has several WARs in it. They all intereact with a
common EJB jar which contains all of the session beans. Through
experimentation, it seems as if the WARs are deployed individually, yet
simultaneously. But one of the WARs is having issue locating the JNDI
reference to one of the session beans in the EJB jar. The WAR, in this case,
it is trying to access the EJB in it's ContextListener.

None of the rest of them seem to have this issue, and others access it in
their ContextListener, but one does and, of course, only on this machine.

Are the WARs specifically deployed AFTER the EJBs are deployed, or is there
actually some underlying race condition going on here that we need to try and
work around, if even to stick a sleep for a few seconds in the Listener.

I'd rather have a better fundamental understanding of whats happening than
just sticking some random things in to the system first.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung']