users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1.2 and Centos 6 (RHEL6) Support

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 11:26:05 -0600 (CST)

I haven't had a chance to experiment with an RHEL6 system yet, but the
general requirement for Update Center is that you need the appropriate Linux
32 bit compatibility libraries installed. They should not need to be labeled
"i386" specifically. I think that was an attempt by the Release Notes to
help folks locate the correct package, but that advice may now be out of
date. i386/x86/i686 are all OK -- as long as it is the 32 bit version of the
library. You should not need to downgrade your libraries.

We need to go through this exercise with RHEL6 and update the release notes
to give clear guidance for that platform. I'll add that to me todo list!

Thanks for your patience,

Joe

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jfdipol']