users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS: Queue-Ordering

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 05:31:42 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Nigel,

your assumption is correct, I'm using Glassfish (3.2) with the embedded
Queue. So far I did not consider to integrate a different Queue-Service. I
run only one glassfish-server, without a cluster-setup. I'm aware that
clustering of the queue would offer additional issues, so I do not plan to go
that road.

Throwing an exception results in this: message 1 causes an exception, then
it is tried again (good!) after less than a second (bad, it is extremely
unlikely that the issue has been resolved), fails again, is moved to the
dead-message-queue and processing continues with message 2.

So: that would be a nice solution, if I were able to change the behaviour
regarding the dead-message-queue. And a longer retry-interval would be nice.
;-)

But more and more it looks like the easiest solution might be to drop the
MDB-attempt and create a stand-alone daemon polling the JMS-queue
periodically and providing an easier to controll error-handling.

Yours,

Patrick.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'pvdh']