users@glassfish.java.net

JMS/AMQ rar for embedded broker in GF 3.1.1 (2) and no glassfish-ejb-jar.xml

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 14:06:14 -0600 (CST)

It isn't too bad to get an AMQ embedded broker running in GF 3.1.1 following
and tweaking a couple of the popular recipes for this.

But is there a way to entirely get rid of glassfish-ejb-jar.xml?       So
far, I gotten rid of ejb-jar.xml and manged to whittled  GF DD to  only
needing:

<ejb> <ejb-name>SillyMDB</ejb-name> <mdb-resource-adapter>
<resource-adapter-mid>activemq-rar-5.5.1</resource-adapter-mid>
</mdb-resource-adapter> </ejb>
It seems to me that I could get rid of the RAR reference entirely somehow, by
a @ActivationConfigPropery  or the like in my MDB class.      Further it
seems that the MDB shouldn't need to refer to the RAR;  but can refer to
some resource or JNDI name that may refer to a RAR (or whatever).     That
is, why does my MDB need to know that a RAR is reponsible for serving it
messages?  Can't the configured resources in GF 'point to' the RAR and the
MDB only needs to care about the resource name (e.g. JMS Connection pool, or
the like).

--
[Message sent by forum member 'fwelland']