users@glassfish.java.net

JSF Server State saving issue and proposed fix

From: Manfred Riem <manfred.riem_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 15:51:33 -0600

Hi everyone,

In the case of server side state saving with JSF we are thinking of acquiring
the session eagerly (before any content is being written) so we can take
care of the following issues:

     * http://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES-2277
     * http://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES-2031
     * http://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES-2332

Note the proposed change is attached to issue #2277

We need to do this because when the server side state saver kicks in it
needs a session. With large pages it currently acquires the session after
results have already been written to the actual response stream, and thus
it is no longer allowed to acquire a new session.

Note if your application already has an active session you will not
see any problem.

Does anyone have any input on this before we go ahead with this change?

Manfred