users@glassfish.java.net

Question about relationship between http-listener-1 and http-thread-pool

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:32:00 -0600 (CST)

 I tried grep'ing the online documentation but I haven't come across
anything that can tell me what the relationship is between the following:

http-listener-1 -> HTTP

   That tab contains the following properties:

   Timeout

   Request Timeout

Timeout has a comment that says, "Max time a connection can be deemed as idle
and kept in the keep-alive state"

Request Timeout has a comment that says, "Time after which a request times
out"

Now under http-listener-1 -> General there is a Thread Pool setting which by
default uses http-thread-pool

In the http-thread-pool configuration there is an Idle Thread Timeout value
which has the comment, "The max amount of time that a thread can remain idle
in the pool. After this time expires, the thread is removed from the pool."

How do these timeouts interact for a typical HTTP request that comes in?
Should certain values always be higher or lower then other values?

Also, the http-listener properties are configurable via asadmin in the
server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1 namespace.
However, it does not look like the http-thread-pool "Idle Thread Timeout"
value is configurable in
the server.thread-pools.thread-pool.http-thread-pool namespace even though
the other properties are. Is this a bug or is in for some reason in another
namespace?

Thanks,

-Noah

--
[Message sent by forum member 'emailnbw']