users@glassfish.java.net

Variable "program files" in JDK path when using dry-run installation

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 19:43:40 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it
and I need this for an installer we need to make.

This very simple installer will just install JDK, MySQL and Glassfish, all of
them with unattended modes.

Problem is, besides the fact that it will be Windows-based, target pc is
unknown so it might be Windows XP, Windows 7, etc. but also might be english,
spanish, etc. This means that "c:\Program Files" will not always be the
default program files path and therefore I need to use the %PROGRAMFILES%
variable (or %PROGRAMFILES(X86), but I'll take care of that).

When I create the dry-run configuration, I need to be able to specify the
JDK path as, for some reason, the installer will never find it by itself
(yes, JAVA_HOME was set up before installing and still didn't find it).

So, my problem is, how can I specify the Program Files variable path in the
JDK path when using dry-run installation? In my case, I'd need to be able to
set %PROGRAMFILES%\Java\JDKxxxx to JDKSelection.directory.HIDDEN_JDK but
I haven't been able to yet.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

--