users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JDBC Realm and new Password Encryption Algorithm field

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:50:33 -0500

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the difference between the digest algorithm property and the
> password encryption algorithm property in the JDBC realm setup?

I've also posted this problem on StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9437897/glassfish-3-1-2s-jdbcrealm-has-a-new-password-encryption-algorithm-field-what

In working today to understand these properties, I also noticed that
JDBCRealm.java is not where I expected it to be found:
http://java.net/projects/glassfish/sources/svn/show/trunk/main/nucleus/security/core/src/main/java/com/sun/enterprise/security/auth/realm/jdbc?rev=52693(note
the directory is empty). My copy of Glassfish's source code, which I
updated from subversion today, has two prior copies under /v3 and /v2;
neither (as I would expect) references the new password encryption
algorithm property at all.

Thanks,
Best,
Laird