users@glassfish.java.net

Enabling asynchronous support in filter causes some requests for static

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:15:28 -0600 (CST)

I have a filter mapped to "/*", which is responsible for delegating all
incoming requests to the appropriate servlets. Requests for static resources
(images, swf files, etc) are all ".doFiltered()" to GlassFish's default
servlet which normally handles them.

This setup works great for me, until I enable asynchronous support in the
filter. When I do that, a good amount of requests for static resources do not
ever end up getting responses. I'm having trouble understanding why simply
enabling the option causes this behavior.

I'm not well-versed in container behavior, but the only thing I can think of
that may cause this will be that the number of threads required to process
requests when this option is enabled ends up being higher than maximum size
of the thread pool for HTTP requests.

Can anyone shed some light on what's happening? Keep in mind i'm not even
handling the static resource requests myself; i'm simply filtering them to
the default servlet.

Asynchronous support is CRUCIAL to my app and temporarily disabling it really
cripples it, so i'd really appreciate some insight on this.

Thanks.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'klawson88']