users@glassfish.java.net

Re: skinnyfish - Trimming down for production

From: Romain Grecourt <romain.grecourt_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:18:05 +0100

Hi Daneil,

As pointed out by Tom you can use minnow distribution.
This distribution has the following features:
  - Web tier (Servlet/JSP/EL)
  - JDBC, JAX-RS
  - Clustering
  - RESTful API for management and monitoring GlassFish.

Eventually, users will be able to upgrade (or install addition packages)
via update tool.

There are no bundles to download yet, you will have to build the minnow
distribution by yourself. Here is how to do that:
  - checkout the following workspace:
https://svn.java.net/svn/glassfish~svn/branches/3.1.2-minnow
  - build it with mvn 2.2.1 + jdk6 from the top level directory (mvn
clean install).
  - you then can find the distributions zip file at
[3.1.2-minnow]/distributions/minnow/minnow.zip
Note that you cannot use updatetool with this zip distribution, you will
have to wait for nightly/promoted builds.

Some of the packaging work is still in progress (to remove more
bundles), however it can be used as it is now.
Also, we sucessfully ran some of our tests on this distribution
(Smoke/QE). This branch is based on 3.1.2 workspace and will eventually
include all the 3.1.2 bug fixes.

This is an experiment, but users are very welcome to use this
distribution and report back issues!!

Thanks,
Romain