users@glassfish.java.net

Intermitent encoding problems using Glassfish 3.1.1

From: Gustavo Henrique Orair <gustavo.orair_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:53:15 -0200

Dear,
My server is configured with utf-8 encoding. Sometimes Glassfish 3.1.1
server seems to start up using a different encoding (unexplained
reason).
It results in a lot of errors when I treat object messages received as
objectMessage (JMS) and also all my logs have a lot of problems with
encoding (unrecognized characters are replaced by question marks).
I just restart Glassfish and it startup up with correct encoding.

Did someone experienced this kind of problem?
What should be the cause of the problem?

What is the correct approach to avoid this kind of problem?

BR,
                               Gustavo Henrique Orair