users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Confused about status of GLASSFISH-11791

From: Dhiru Pandey <dhiru.pandey_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:23:26 -0800

It appears that the issue was erroneously marked "Fix Version/s: 3.1". Unfortunately there is little information in the activity stream to indicate who and when that was done. I suspect something happened in data migration when we transitioned over from Issuetracker (CollabNet based java.net) to Jira (Kenai based java.net) back in 2010.

Class loader hierarchy has gone thru a major change from GlassFish v2 to GlassFish v3 which may be a source of your problem.

In any case, It would be great if you could provide us more details on this issue so that we can try to provide a solution to this. Can I please request you for the following:
- Attach a small test case to this issue that exhibits the problem
- Add some code sample on the strategy that was used with "tomcat and jetty we worked it around by creating a jsp servlet per plugin with properly set classloader" which failed on GlassFish 3.

Apologies for the erroneous data on this issue --- I'll fix that
-Dhiru