users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Totally New...

From: John Clingan <john.clingan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:03:20 -0800

Yes, GlassFish Server can do this.

A couple of points:

* Zip up the install and unzip on another host. Just don't put anything host-specific in your configuration (like HTTP listener IP addresses). There are obviously a more steps if the install is clustered vs a standalone instance.
* Derby is OK for development, but not recommended for any serious production use. Try MySQL or Oracle DB (I work for Oracle ;-) ).

We are also building PaaS features into GlassFish Server 4.0 that will facilitate management in hosted environment. GlassFish Server is used in hosted environments today, so there is no reason to wait :-)