users@glassfish.java.net

how to implement a bug fix described as dropping a .jar file into a specified

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:09:59 -0600 (CST)

 I am experiencing problems connecting GlassFish 3.1.1 to Apache using
mod_jk. Then I discovered this bug fix:

http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17068?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel
[1]

It says:  please copy the attached grizzly-utils.jar file to the
glassfishv3/glassfish/modules folder.

My question is, I've already got GlassFish 3.1.1 installed, so should I
simply replace the grizzly-utils.jar file as instructed? I'm not even using
Grizzly (I'm using Apache HTTP server).

If so, doesn't a jar file need to be expanded and it's contents used somehow?
Does GlassFish know enough to expand this file when a domain is started?

Or, is it assumed that the user replaces this grizzly-utils.jar file before
installing GlassFish 3.1.1? That would make more sense because I'd assume
GlassFish would expand the jar files during install. But, I used the
self-extracting installer to install GlassFish, so technically at install
time there is no directory structure to replace this jar file. Does the bug
fix assume all users are using the zipped install file?

Hoping someone can help me figure out how to use this bug fix because I've
been struggling all week trying to get mod_jk working with GlassFish 3.1.1
and getting very frustrated. Thanks in advance.

[1]
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17068?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel

--
[Message sent by forum member 'gkk_gf']