users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to use a domain name to access my Glassfish Domain

From: Jason Lee <jason.d.lee_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:33:29 -0600

You'll probably want to put something like Apache in front of it. There
are lots of places to find out how. Here's mine:
http://blogs.steeplesoft.com/2007/05/virtual-hosting-using-apache-and-glassfish/
It's old, but should still be applicable.

On 2/10/12 9:32 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use the latest version of Glass fish server 3.1 on Windows 7 machine 64
> bit.
>
> I deployed Oracle Application Express listener on Glass fish server
> domain1 .
> I can access that domain using this address:
>
> http://MY PUBPLIC IP ADDRESS:8080/apex [1]
>
> On Dreamhost.com, I regested a domain xxx.com and added an A record along
> with MY PUBLIC IP ADDRESS.
>
> How can I use only xxx.com to access my glass fish domain server ????
>
> In other words, to access my glass fish domain, I have to use this
> address:
>
> xxx.com:8080/apex
>
> But I want to use only xxx.com.
>
> I hope my question is clear.
>
> Best regards
>
> Fateh.
>

> [1] http://192.168.1.33:8080/apex
>
> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'fatehcis']

Jason Lee
Senior Member of Technical Staff
GlassFish Team
Oracle Corporation