users@glassfish.java.net

Re: spring component-scan problem in packed osgi WAB

From: Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:57:41 +0530

May be you should tell what problem you want to solve rather than trying
out various combinations of technologies? I see you want to use
persistence, then just localise that in a bundle and export an EMF as a
service. That will avoid to have many bundles depending on JPA provider.

I don't know why you want to use Spring - what problem it solves, but
Spring in OSGi is what OSGi blueprint is. So, just use blueprint if you
need that functionality. I would also ask you to evaluate CDI if you
have the flexibility to move a Java EE technology. OSGi and CDI play
quite well in GlassFish.

If none of the above is acceptable for whatever reason, then I hope you
find solution to the issue at hand. May be some Spring guy has the answer.

Sahoo