users@glassfish.java.net

anyone install Glassfish 3.1.1 with CentOS 6.2 using self-extracting

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 00:23:15 -0600 (CST)

 Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has used the self-extracting installer
glassfish-3.1.1-unix.sh to install Glassfish on CentOS6.2 64-bit? I'm having
trouble starting the installer, as detailed in this post:

www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/what-directories-does-glassfish-311-self-extracting-installer-touch-outside-directory-it-runs#comment-821896
[1]

If someone could reassure me it's not a pointless exercise, I'd appreciate
it. Or, if you had to do something not documented in the installation
instructions, could you let me know? I've tried to do this as root as well as
non-root, and always get the same error. It appears the self-extracting
installer doesn't extract the required files. See the post above for more
info. Thanks

[1]
http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/what-directories-does-glassfish-311-self-extracting-installer-touch-outside-directory-it-runs#comment-821896

--