users@glassfish.java.net

Starting a local instance with a cluster

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:55:59 -0600 (CST)

Afternoon All,

I am trying to get clustering going and have compled the following steps ..

1 - Ceated a cluster

2 - I have added an instance to the clsuter on the default node

When I try and start the cluster using the start-local-instance command
I get the following error and stack trace ...

Enter admin password for user "admin">
CLI801 Instance is already synchronized
Waiting for instance1 to start ..Error starting instance instance1.
The server exited prematurely with exit code 1.
Before it died, it produced the following output:

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: JVM cannot use large pages bigger
tha
n 4mb.

I have configured the relevent security policy settings and user rights for
the "Lock pages in memory" policy and still the server fails to start.  Does
any kind sole have any suggestions?

We are running Glassfish on Windows 7, 64-bit for evaluation purposes however
will be using Windows 2008 server or Ubuntu 11.10 in production.

Thanks in advance. chris

--
[Message sent by forum member 'kytie']