users@glassfish.java.net

Can't enable Java Web Start

From: Olivier Chorier <lapsus63_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 21:19:27 +0100

Hello,

I'm on Windows 7 (64bits) with GF 3.1.1 and Eclipse Indigo (Eclipse
Platform 3.7.1.M20110909-1335).
java -version :
java version "1.7.0_01"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 21.1-b02, mixed mode)

I'm trying to build and deploy a EAR containing the following :
- An EAR Project
- Client Project (JWS App.)
- Commons Project (Shared library between JWS and server)
- EJB Project (EJBs)
- EJBRemote Project (Remote Interfaces from EJB Project, for Client Project)
- JPA Project (for Entity beans).

The deployment doesn't fail. I can run my Application Client from
Eclipse without mistakes. Understand : I can reach EJBs and Entities.

When I try to launch from Web Start using javaws
http://localhost:8080/MyApp/MyAppClient I get some JNLP error :
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://localhost:8080/___JWSappclient/___system/___dyn/___system_s1as.jnlp
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor2.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://localhost:8080/___JWSappclient/___system/___dyn/___system_s1as.jnlp
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)
        ... 18 more

When I go to the admin interface, I can't see a link to launch the Web
Start Application (but it is detected).
If I clic on my App in order to edit properties, I can see an
unchecked box "Java Web Start". It is disabled so I can change its
selection.
It is told to redeploy the application to change the Java Web Start Support.
I Tried to undeploy and redeploy using the admin interface, but the
problem remains the same.

I got the JNLP file to make some tests :
- Addresses like
http://localhost:8080/___JWSappclient/___app/MyAppName are reachable
- This address http://localhost:8080/___JWSappclient/___system/s1as/glassfish/lib/gf-client.jar
is unreachable (Error 404).
- This one is unreachable too :
http://localhost:8080/___JWSappclient/___system/___dyn/___system_s1as.jnlp

I tried to "force" activation of Java Web Start with making a
sun-application-client.xml and a glassfish-application-client.xml file
with eligible set to true. With no effect.

I have no error in server.log during deployment.

I don't know if I should do, but I've no directory named
"java-web-start" in my glassfish directory.

Thanks for any help or suggestion you could have.
Olivier.