users@glassfish.java.net

"Authentication Failed" in admin interface on 3.1.1

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer_at_weycogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 15:41:17 -0600

We have a site that was just moved onto a new server running 3.1.1, and
I get "Authentication Failed" when I try to log in to the web admin
interface. It was working when I built the machine, but broke some time
during the final cutover, and I can't find what I stepped on. The error
messages in the GlassFish log include these:

java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of
org/apache/felix/framework/ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoaderJava5): attempted
duplicate class
definition for name:
"org/glassfish/admin/rest/resources/generatedASM/Domain_recoverTransactionsInternalResource"

Cannot find annotation org.glassfish.config.support.Create with value
_register-instance on method public abstract com.su
n.enterprise.config.serverbeans.Server
com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans.Servers.getServer

Everything else seems to work OK; the site runs normally. Can anybody
suggest a diagnosis?

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer_at_weycogroup.com
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601