users@glassfish.java.net

JNDI lookup of stateless session bean using Glassfish 2.1

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 20:59:56 -0600 (CST)

 Hello,

Currently we are using Glassfish 2.1 as our application container. We have an
application that is using EJB's ( 3.0 ) and JPA.

The application runs Oracle Coherence, and uses a CacheLoader to load data
from the Database. The CacheLoader is a POJO that uses JNDI to find the local
instance of the EJB.

Coherence has a feature called ServiceGuardian, which kills any of the
Coherence threads that have timedout during an operation.

The JNDI lookup works correctly, but if there is a communication failure and
the threads have been killed, the consecutive calls cause the JNDI lookups to
fail.

Debugging the code shows that the InitialContext does not have any bindings
in "java:comp"

Is there a reason why the JNDI lookup fails after the threads have been
killed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
[Message sent by forum member 'dataoscar']