users@glassfish.java.net

JSF 2.0 and convention-over-configuration

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 07:03:00 -0600 (CST)

 Hi All,

I'm currently working through the JSF chapter of this
book http://www.packtpub.com/java-ee-6-applications-with-glassfish-3-application-server/book
[1]

As far as I understood with JSF 2.0 (Glassfish 3.1.1) the
confention-over-configuration paradigm should replace the faces-config.xml in
most cases. At least the xhtml files should be rendered automatically by the
faces servlet, but they don't. I have the same problem with BackingBeans
annotated with @ManagedBean. Long story short: convention-over-conviguration
doesn't work with my Glassfish 3.1.1 server and the sample project of the
book above. Can somebody help here? Did is miss someconfiguration? Do i have
to enable convention-over-configuration somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Franz

[1]
http://www.packtpub.com/java-ee-6-applications-with-glassfish-3-application-server/book

--
[Message sent by forum member 'mcfly77']