users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish usera authentication against JDBC

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:42:25 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I've question about posibility of JAAS/realm glassfish user authenication
using database bultin authenication mechanism. I'm not asking how to
configure glassfish to take user/password from table in database!

The main issue is to NOT store passwords in special database table but use
original login module of database.

I'll try to describe how it should work:

User via web form enters username and password. Glassfish using these values
tries login to database. If supplied username/password are wrong database
itself deny login if correct glassfish checks in special table role and do
all "internal things" to allow user access to protected resource.

I was googling a lot about samples of that code but I didn't found anything.

Is it possible? Propabbly I've to write own authentication module and realm
but actually I don't quite understand how to do it.... :-(

I'll be very gratefull for working sample codes which I can modify to my
needs.

Best regards

Piotr

BTW.: I'm new to forum so "hello".

--
[Message sent by forum member 'bilbolodz']