users@glassfish.java.net

Weird Message Driven Bean Behavior

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:13:40 -0600 (CST)

 Hi all:

My organization has deployed the frist Glassfish Application into porduction
so we are pretty new to this. The application was running fine for over a
month and then we started seeing the following behavior.

A front-end server receives a message it converts it to xml and drops it into
a JMS queue. This front end server is nothing more than an app. It creates a
MessageProducerand the JMS session (both of them cached) to drop the message
as a text message. There have been no connects/disconnects on it for a month
so we are not leaking connections or anything like that..

On the other side we have a JEE app (in the same glassfish server) which has
a MDB to get the message and process it... All was fine but then a week ago
we started seeing some weird issue where the MessageProducer is putting a
message in the queue and it takes up to 4 seconds for the MDB to grab it.

One other thing, the MDB is not in a regular EJB jar, it is in a hybrid osgi
bundle.

We are trying to recreate the problem in our performance test envrionment but
we cannot recreate it. Has anyone seen this or have any clue if we need to
fix some parameter to prevent this from happening?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'el_eduardo']