users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS management

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:59:19 +0000

>> I am trying to get the current size (number of messages) and how fast they
>> are being processed (unsing MDBs). I cannot do any code changes right now so
>> I am thinking between the built-in monitoring, asadmin or some of the mq
>> commands

The simplest way to do this is to use the Message Queue "imqcmd" command-line utility
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2438/gheav.html

The command "imqcmd list dst" will list the number of messages in a destination

For performance information, look at the "iqcmd metrics" command, described at
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2438/aeoiu.html#scrolltoc
This has lots of options but it allows you to display metrics information for a specific queue or topic (e.g. bytes/sec
or messages/sec).

The imqcmd command is located in mq/bin under your GlassFish installation.

Nigel