users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Web server essential?

From: Bernhard Thalmayr <bernhard.thalmayr_at_painstakingminds.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 12:37:12 +0100

Actually using an additional web server as RP makes the whole
architecture more complicated.

Especially if you use 'http' as the protocol from RP to GF you have to
be aware of the consequences.

Using well-known-ports for HTTP/HTTPS is NOT a design/architecture
criteria IMHO as this can be achieved with GF as well.

As with every service you should minimize the exposed ports anyway ... etc.

-Bernhard

On 11/30/2011 08:33 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> My bad. I should've explained further:
>

> There will be multiple applications on the app server and some clients will
> be using SSL, some not.
>
> There will also be firewalls, and DMZ, so I believe it'll be easier to
> use a
> web server as a proxy.
>
> Thanks all.
>

> qin__23
>

> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'qin_23']

Painstaking Minds
IT-Consulting Bernhard Thalmayr
Tel: +49 (0)8062 7769174
Mobile: +49 (0)176 55060699
bernhard.thalmayr_at_painstakingminds.com - Solution Architect
e-mail is strictly forbidden.