users@glassfish.java.net

App client object not passed, yet no errors

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 00:41:39 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone,

I have an application on GF 3.1.1, a simple stateless session bean that talks
to the DB, and an appclient.

It was working correctly until last Friday when I deployed an updated
version. It's all still working correctly in the development environment.

I put together an object on the client and pass it across to the bean on the
server, but the receiving method gets a different, new, instance of the
object, without any of the appropriate properties being set.

It's not throwing any errors that I can see in either the client or server
side logs related to this issue, it's just silently substituting an empty
object for the one I sent.

I've searched the web all day and have had no luck finding anything remotely
addressing the issue so far, and I'm at a loss as to what might have changed
to cause this behaviour.

Does anyone have any ideas, hints or tips as to where I might start looking
for a cause, and what might be going wrong?

Many thanks,
Geoff

--
[Message sent by forum member 'GeoffC']