users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF 3.1.1 ... classloading issue (Resource Adapter vs. Enterprise App)

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <jagadish.ramu_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 21:50:47 +0530

Hi Bernhard,

GlassFish 3.0 and above is based on the latest Connectors Specification
(1.6) and hence all applications will not have access to all deployed
resource-adapters.
If an application refers the resource-adapter via
<resource-ref>/<resource-env-ref>/<message-listener> elements in
web.xml/ejb-jar.xml etc., (or the equivalent annotations), then the
resource-adapter classes will be available for the application. Please
check whether your application has a valid reference via any of these.

Alternately, you can switch to GF 2.1 equivalent using
asadmin set server.connector-service.class-loading-policy="global"
[server restart required]

Reference :
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2418/bealr.html#gjjyy

If you tried applibs as an alternate option, make sure that
"com.filenet.is.ra.cci.FN_IS_CciConnectionSpec" is bundled / made
available only once (either in the rar or in in the applibs directory).

Thanks,
-Jagadish