users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Deploy takes forever!

From: Tim Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 17:15:59 -0500

Hi, Brody.

Here's a case in which Google is your friend. Searching for
"glassfish slow deployment 3.1.1" the first hit I got leads to

http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17094

which I think is exactly the situation you describe - an EAR
containing large modules suffering very slow deployment.

As a workaround, you could use a recent promoted build of 3.1.2 (3.1.2
is not released, but promoted builds have passed a battery of tests).
Alternatively, if you do not need to upload the EAR to deploy it (that
is, you can create files on the same system where your GlassFish
server is running) you could use directory deployment. This way you
pre-expand the EAR yourself and you expand the submodules into
directories (myWebApp.war gets expanded into myWebApp_war for
example). It might be a pain in the neck, but it should help with the
deployment speed.

- Tim