users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with IceFaces 2.0.2 on Glassfish 3.1.1 with Mojarra

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 15:48:24 -0500 (CDT)

Our commercial application has been using Icefaces for a few years now on
Tomcat.

About a year ago we upgraded from 1.8 to 2.0rc2 just fine.

However recently we moved from Tomcat to embedded Glassfish 3.1.1 and tried
to upgrade to: IceFaces 2.0.2 with Mojarra 2.1.3

We couldn't get anything other than a blank white screen on the existing
application with the: "configured for view /Home.xhtml but h:head and h:body
components are required" error.

No matter what we try, nothing works. We've had a thread on Icefaces forums
for over a month now. Nothing anybody suggests works (and there's been
suggestions from Icefaces team).

We finally were left with no choice but to migrate to primefaces - which
works right away, by the way.

This is sucking a lot of extra development time (the migration), that we
didn't need to spend. But it's pretty clear we'd be waiting around a year for
Icefaces to solve what ever the issue is.

BTW: They told us they'd if we paid $1,500 they'd make it work.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jakorsme']