users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF 3.1.1 Classloading issue ... how to tackle it?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:43:02 -0600 (CST)

I am not familiar with the 2.1.1 class loading model, but in the current
model I don't believe there is a mechanism to do what you need. I'm no expert
on the security code, but I believe the Realm type is instantiated once
during server startup, and again per application. The first one would not
have access to any application class loader, so the 'AMConfig' file can only
be found along side the agent code in the common loader; I presume that there
is a failure if this file is missing. The second one can see the application
loader, and IFF the delegation is inverted it can then find the 'AMConfig'
file. This doesn't help much, I know, but maybe explains what is going on.
I'll png the security folks to see if they can help you in any way.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'batsatt']